For many, this is the highlight of the Christmas season. Yoganandaji started this tradition of an 8-Hour Christmas meditation when he was on earth.
There are periods of meditation, periods of chanting, periods of Yogananda speaking about the Christ Consciousness and much more that will bring special blessings to take you into longer & deeper experiences of dynamic inner peace and joy. You may enter the temple during chanting times throughout the day or stay for the entire 8 hours. You will be amazed at how easy it is to soar in meditation during this special gathering!
- Please bring your own snack for the silent break 2 – 2:20 pm.
- Chairs provided, bring what you need to sit on the floor comfortably
- Please wear silent clothing
May God and Gurus bless your meditation deeply. In consideration for others, we ask that you observe the following things: Please do not enter during meditation. Wait for the chanting breaks before you enter the temple. The vibration builds throughout the day, so please stay all day if you can. Please remove noisy jackets and cough drop or candy wrappers before entering. No snacking in the temple. Please enter as quietly as you can. Thank you, and have a blessed meditation!
Entering times (all times are approximate):
- 9:00 – 9:45 am Energization exercises & Opening prayer
- 9:45 – 10:45 Meditation (60 minutes)
- 10:45 – 11:15 Chanting
- 11:15 – 12:15 Meditation (60 minutes)
- 12:15 – 12:45 Chanting
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm Meditation (60 minutes)
- 1:45 – 2:00 Chanting
- 2:00 – 2:20 — MID-DAY BREAK FOR 20 MINUTES ——
- 2:20 – 2:50 Chanting
- 2:50 – 3:30 Meditation (40 minutes)
- 3:30 – 4:00 Chanting
- 4:00 -4:30 Meditation (30 minutes)
- 4:30 – 4:45 Chanting
- 4:45 -5:00 pm Brief Meditation & Closing prayer